RE: [ihc] Mixed Bag: Front Ends, Close Encounters and "Who Is It?"!!

I offed mine during a chassis clean up, no difference, handles fine.
Dennis Millward
63 C1200

## >> Old IH mechanic told me it was the steering stabilizer that
## >> looks like a
## >> horizontal shock absorber. It was. Had that happen 3 or 4 times in the
## >> Cherokees and once in a GC.
## >>
## >> Consequently, I have one attached to my Terra's front end
## >> whether I need it
## >> or not, and I suggest that one might be in order for your Scout.

i agree wholeheartedly.  our TravelAll and the 800A both have one of these
steering stabilizers.  i have no idea just how much real difference they
make, but i wouldn't take 'em off for anything, and if they go out, they
*will* be replaced.  i definitely advocate adding one at the earliest
opportunity, whether they think they need it or not.  can't hurt, and it can
definitely help.

just my usual nickel

- --Mac