[ihc] Scout Gas Tank Wisdom?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on removing the gas tank
from a 79 Scout (Traveller actually). It looks like if you remove the
bolts from the straps, the tank will just drop right out. No?

I've got the tank empty, fuel vapor seperator removed, I just need to
get the fill pipe off the tank inlet, and i'm guessing I will have to
wait to remove the tank outlet and sender wire till the tank is down.

My fuel vapor separator had broken and was spilling gas on the exhaust
the last time the truck moved anywhere.  I am deciding whether to
replace it with a new one, or fab up a similar one out of brass pipe
as someone else here had done, or to try just deleting it.

It seems needlessly complex, having 5 connections to the fuel tank and
1 to the charcoal canister.  I am planning on stealing 1 or 2 of the
vent outlets on the tank to serve as the return fuel lines for my fuel
injection conversion.

Does anyone have words of wisdom for removing the tank or dealing with
the fuel vapor seperator?

Thanks,
Colin
mailto:colin@domain.elided
Colin says...

Use a wickedly good email client  |  http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html
For those of strong constitution  |  http://www.debian.org/

Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. -Mark Twain