RE: [ihc] The bulletin?

## >> Mac,
## >>
## >> My ping of the binderbulletin.org shows an IP address of
## >> 64.245.56.188. It was
## >> down when I checked it as all the requests timed out.
## >>

thanks, Tom.  i got a similar response now that things are working here.

ping, nslookup, and dig all show that address to be correct for
Binderbulletin.org (it's nice to have my utilities all working again).  in
this case ping is timing out mot likely because the server at that IP
address is set to either block or drop ICMP packets, of which Ping is just
one type.  it's a security thing.

the server itself seems to be alive, for if you put the IP address into a
browser you get a domain hosting service main page.  perhaps this is the
service currently hosting the BB for Bill?  if this is the BB's new host,
then i suspect they're using some form of virtual domain hosting to forward
"BinderBulletin.org" HTTP requests to the right place, which would explain
why my DNS zoning is no longer working.  much of the BB's traffic is going
to directories on the Binderbulletin.net server at IP address 209.15.11.113.

just a few extra observations while i try to hammer these machines out.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi