[ihc] adjustable drag link?

Has anyone ever used a drag link from a J@@P with adjustable ends to make a
bit longer unit so that the steering wheel can be in the center on a lifted
truck?  I've heard that the drag link from a J@@P will work, but scouts
have to have different ball joints on the ends, and one is from a Dodge,
and the other from a Chevy, or somesuch, to match the tapers.  My friend
has done this years ago, and can't find his paperwork.

Currently my drag link is about 1" or so, too short and the steering wheel
rides in a spot where it is off the center of the box and it turns easier
to the right than it does to the left.

Thanks!

JoelB