[ihc] Stall at warm up, CONT

Okay-pretty sure that the fuel pump is the first culprit-I went out today,
hooked up a gas can underneath the Scout, full of fresh, clean fuel, and tried
to start the old girl up.  She started fine, but very quickly ran down to
dying (within one or two minutes), and then would not start back up, or if I
dribbled some fuel into the air cleaner cap, started it, it died as soon as it
had started, basically.  And the see-through fuel pump showed no gas, as
opposed to its usual 1/3 or so while running.

So, my first diagnosis after this is that it is the fuel pump indeed.  The
only thing I will say is that I had the fuel can sitting on the ground,
perhaps working harder than it is used to, but I have done this before, and I
believe a strong fuel pump should suck it right up, no?

Anyone got anything to add-anything else that sounds like it may be the
culprit?  If not, I am going with a new fuel pump tomorrow, then will
straighten out the other issues-bought a new feeler guage today to set the air
gap (hadn't bought one because I have one SOMEWHERE, and was hoping to find
it!) and then will reset the timing, etc.

Thanks for any thoughts on this approach.

Michael