Re: [ihc] SR-2 factoids

Reading the info on the Aristocrat and SR-2 models has brought up something
I've been wondering about. After reading Howard's post, I realize that the
'doll up' models are somewhat rare (2500 copies each). The question is, are
they rare enough so that it would be a miscarriage of justice to build one the
way I want it, rather than back to factory original? I've got a VERY solid 70
800A Aristocrat sitting on the car trailer out back. V8, T-39, add on
underdash air. Been sitting for a long time, engine and trans in unknown
shape. This is probably the solidest 'un redone' 800/A/B I've ever seen in our
area of the Rust Belt. I don't think all of the original Aristocrat goodies
are present, but I haven't had time to really explore it well- maybe this
winter. My question is, I was thinking of going through it and 'upgrading' it
when I did. Scout II axles, power steering, power brakes, maybe a TF 727
trans, non original seats and paint scheme, spray on bedliner interior. But,
if this puppy is rare or even semi rare, and would be more suited to be redone
bone stock by an Aristocrat aficionado, I would hate to mess it up by doing
all of the non-stock stuff. I am looking for a comfortable driver- I'm not a
concours restoration guy, and if the Aristocrat should go to a good home that
would love it for what it is, I could live with replacing it with about any
kind of nice driver 800 or Scout II. Comments and opinions are welcome, I
would hate to get hit with cream pies at Nats cause I defaced a piece of IH
history!
Dennis