[ihc] Brake help needed.

Ok.... I've spent the last week converting my '73 Scout II from all wheel
manual drums to all wheel power disc brakes. After all new rotors, calipers,
and master cyl. I expected great results. I didn't get them. After getting
it all back together last night a quick test drive was in order. All I can
say is Whoa!...or rather a severe lack thereof. Standing hard on the pedal
will nearly,...but not quite lock up the rears ( I can hear them start to
grind the pavement), but as far as I can tell, I'm getting nothing or almost
nothing from the fronts. The pedal if firm, like I think it should be, but
it takes a lot of effort to get any braking force.

I immediately suspect the prop. Valve. I figured that might happen, no big
deal....until...tonight I installed an adjustable prop valve on the rear
circuit, I did away with the old valve completely. So I now have the front
directly connected to the Master cyl. The rear runs through the prop valve.
I still have nearly no front braking power at all. Changing the prop valve I
can dial in the rear brakes to either lock up completely or barely work at
all, and varying degrees in between.

Still the pedal is firm, no excessive travel. All lines have been bled using
a vacuum bleeder. The front calipers are stock Scout calipers, and the
master cyl. Is for a stock Scout with disc as well. I checked to see if the
power unit was holding vacuum and it seems OK to me.

Could someone tell me which port out of the master cyl goes to which axle?
Right now I have the rear port plumbed into the front axle, just because
that was the way it was before, and the line sizes seemed to jive up that
way. (the front plumbing uses larger diameter lines than the rear, and the
rear port is the larger of the two.)

What else can I check? Anybody else had this problem?

I need help bad...the nice days are running out..

Thanks,

Stacy A. Swingley, MCSE