[ihc] Fw: Nats (from Adam)

----- Original Message -----
From: Adam
To: oldihc@domain.elided
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 7:34 AM
Subject: RE: [OLDIHC:] Nats

Dear All,

I am safely returned to The Mother Country, having been right royally looked
after in Cincinnati by Carl and Mary AND the adorable Faith , who just made me
go all gooey and want to be a grand daddy!  I got a row of seats in the back
of the plane to sleep on, so emerged into a damp and cool London ready for the
fray Tuesday morning.  I have only just got to my e-mails, having been away
from my computer for nine days.  So this note will be short.

I HAD A BLAST.  The missus has forbidden me from buying the Buick, but has
agreed to attend Charlotte next April so she can pick out a suitable Cadillac,
(like the one her pappy used to drive - an early fifties convertible), so can
you start saving for me now as I am clearly going to be bankrupted by her
taste in US automotive engineering.

At last I have put the faces to the names and realised how young most of you
are.  It's good for the survival of International old iron.  Would that more
cool dudes and babes over here took an interest in their industrial heritage!

Apart from the ordeals endured in the privacy of my hotel room at the hands of
messers Roger and Jim, as well as being compelled by them to attempt a
break-in to the old IH factory under the gaze of gun-totting security guards
at dead of night - and no more than a handful of hours sleep throughout the
weekend brought on by consuming too much of that Tennessee Tea Ray forced me
to drink, I am in one piece, although emotionally in pieces 'cos I cannot have
the Buick and will also have to live without a Traveller, an old Scout and an
L, R and S.  The biggest sorrow for me is that I couldn't requisition David
and Ray's fire trucks to use as road blocks in my village.

Last night I was in the pub telling stories of daring-do in Springfield when a
bunch of yanks breeze in.  Not only did they like Rugby and Soccer, but one of
them who lives in LA has got a Scout!  We bored the assembled alcoholics with
an enlightening conversation about NATS, IH, the state of the US truck
industry, etc., etc., until I was put in the stocks and pelted with rotten
tomatoes until sunrise.

It's great to have so many new friends and I look forward to seeing y'all
again soon.

LOL
Adam