[ihc] RPM Calculations

All of the math has been built into this web page:

http://www.binderbulletin.org/techlib/wizards/rpmwiz.asp

The wizard on the web page does not accomodate overdrive transmissions,
however.  (But I can change that easily.)

Otherwise, to calculate engine RPMs at 60 mph, use:

(T * A * 21456) / D

where

T = final transmission ratio

A = axle ratio

D = tire diameter in inches

> Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:06:18 -0400
> From: ROCKY LEAR <rockylear@domain.elided>
> Subject: [ihc] RPM, Gearing formula needed
>
> I am trying to figure out my gearing questions. Maybe someone here can
help. I know that there used to be a formula for calculating oversized tires