Re: [ihc] NOS Bolts

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>

<snip>
> I'd say you could probobly find more than a dozen places to use them on
> your
> scout...
...There are a LOT of parts that mount with those bolts.

---You're probably right. They were used in many different places, but I
can't think of anywhere in suspension... especially shackles.

<snip>
> They hold on your tailgate hinges,

---I completely forgot about those.

> ...IIRC they might even be used on the steering
> collumn.

---Yep! Another two for the steering column bracket where it bolts to the
dash frame and through the safety clips. IIRC, the two that hold the column
and bracket are shorter, by 1", than the others you spoke of.

<snip>
> Also add in 2 for the
> window regulator/wing vent stuff

---I believe those are 1/2" shorter than the long ones used in the door
hinges.

---Two for each side of the dash frame, and one on each side that is 1/2"
shorter than the rest... found out one on each side was shorter after
installing my dash and scratching my head as to why the door wouldn't close.
The bolt was too long and extended into the door post, preventing the hinge
from completing it's travel.

<snip>
> IIRC, they are a 9/16" head...

---That gets me to thinking. The ones that hold the wing in place are 1/2"
hex head. After I walk yup to the rest, when need be, with a 9/16 socket, I
will remember which others are 1/2" hex head.

---Which reminds me of a question I have for others that are reading:

-How many have found a 9/16" socket inside the door pillar? I found one in
my `78 and another in my `73, both were deep-well Craftsman too. :D

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)