Re: Vibration

on 8/3/03 12:07 PM, Ken Hitchcox at lipodog@domain.elided wrote:

> Ok, enough of the offtopic nonsense.  This is the IHC digest, not the
> Hofs/reality/chocolate/grandcherokee/dans fiancee(wife) digest   ;-)

Well, at least it brought you out of hibernation.

> I've got vibration. On the SOA Terra, at about 60ish it vibrates real
> bad, then goes away at hgher speeds.  Thought it was in the driveline,
> but not certain.

A driveline problem causing a vibration is a much higher frequency vibration
than a tire, rotor, hub imbalance problem.

Remember that your driveline is turning 3 or 4 times as fast as your wheels
and judge accordingly.

If you can't be pretty sure, drop the rear driveline and drive with only the
other. That should tell you for sure.

John Hofstetter