Vibration in steering, centered steering wheel

Let me ask you guys a question dealing with my steering setup.

First, just to refresh your memories, it's a RHD Scout II, 2WD, AMC 258.

The stock steering box was manual, and I wanted power steering.  So the
PO installed a stock (LHD) Scout II P/S box with a '72 Travelall P/S
pump.  The box is mounted to the inside of the frame, rather than the
outside.

First, overall impressions, it works great.  The steering is much easier
than on my Cherokee or on any other car I've driven.

Now, the potential problems:

There is a hissing sound when turning the wheel at slow speeds or at a
full stop (e.g. 3-point turn).  I'm guessing that would be a pump issue,
if it's a problem at all?

When turning the wheel right there's a funky kind of vibration.  Only
happens when turning right, and only intermittently.  I don't think it
has ever happened when turning left.  Definitely not since putting the
cotter pins in the tie rod and drag link connecting nuts.

After my alignment, straight ahead on the wheel was slightly left of
center.  A few days later it was right of center.  Then it was center,
now it's going slightly left of center.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Dave