I Had a Dream

I hired a hot dog jock one time to be my Physical Education teacher for the
Jr. High level kids at my school.

He had a line with the young women teachers at the school that started like
this: "I had a dream last night about you and me."

The almost perfect woman I was telling you about the other day told him that
she had had a dream too, and in the dream she had shot his cajones off.

Well, this is nothing like his dream, nothing!

I dreamed last night that I was getting ready for next years racing at Rocky
Mountain Rendezvous. Or maybe I was getting ready for this years race, who
knows?

I have a very large head, but this year when I was looking for a helmet that
fit, Allan Ericson told me that his head was half a size larger than mine,
so what fit him would fit me.

So, in this dream, I had acquired a very large size helmet, but it was
cracked. I asked around about how it had cracked, and everyone told me that
it cracked when Allan tried to put it on. So, I spent what seemed like the
rest of the night patching the helmet with fiberglass, JB Weld, Indian Head
shellac, and Goop. I have no ideal why my dreaming mind concocted all those
repair substances, but it did.

I remember saying as I worked, "Damn, I wish Allan didn't have such a large
head."

Well, his head is no where near as big as his heart. Good man, he. Even if
he did crack my helmet.

John Hofstetter