From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
David Bongo
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 7:51 PM
To: IHC Digest
Subject: Alignment question

I'm back with another alignment question.

I found out why the tire place had problems aligning the Scout.  Using
their hi-tech equipment, they found that both tires are too far to the
left.  (I'd say "towed too far to the left", but I don't know how you
would spell "towed" with "toe" as the root word.)

Anyways, the left tie rod end was just replaced.  I suggested that the
left tie rod end wasn't installed deep enough into the tie rod and that
it be disconnected, turned into the tie rod a turn or 2 (to shorten the
tie rod on the left side only) and that should solve the problem.
(Adjusting the tie rod now will continue to move one side or the other
to the left.  So we can't get a good alignment.)  The guy I talked to
was unsure.  Anyways, I've got to take it back tomorrow when the other
mechanic is working.  Do you guys think I'm on the right track here?
And I apologize for any lack of clarity in the way I said this.

Thanks,

Dave