Re: Steering problem, good samaritan

Ryan Moore wrote:

[cut]

> No idea on pump costs, sorry.  IIRC, that pump looks suspiciously similiar
> to the old f@rd p/s pumps...

I'll see what I can do about that pump, then.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance
to look into it.

> Did the whole tie rod end come off, or just the joint?  IE, did the threads
> fail?
>
> -Ryan

I looked at it on Friday so this is based purely on memory.  The actual tie rod
end looked fine.  It was just that the nut slipped off.  The threads on the nut
were stripped on the last (first?) row.  We tried putting that nut back on, but
it was a no-go due to the bottom thread being stripped.  I thought the tie rod
end itself was fine, but the mechanic told me tonight that he had to order a new
one.  Which, naturally, didn't get in until 6:00 tonight.  So if this job isn't
done quickly enough in the morning, then I'll be slumming it for a third
straight work day in the Cherokee.  And I really hate driving that thing...

Dave