Steering problem, good samaritan

Well, it was bound to happen.  My first major Scout problem.

I was driving (fortunately at very slow speed and in the process of
applying the brakes) and my steering just went out.  The tie-rod just
came out at the left of the vehicle.  Near as we can tell, the cotter
pin broke off a while ago and the nut slowly loosened.  The tie-rod (and
Tie-rod end) look to be in perfect condition, no harm done.  Anyways, I
panicked and first chance I got I called for a tow truck.  I had a
couple of people offer to help, but one guy was more help than anybody.

He drove an old Bronco and looked under the truck and pretty much
figured out how to fix on.  Right there on the spot.  I had the old nut,
but it was stripped.  The good news?  This happened right in front of a
parts store.  The bad news?  They didn't seem to have the part.  The
worse news?  Before we could get them to search behind the counter, the
tow truck driver got there so that aborted the repair attempt.  The good
samaritan Bronco driver stopped to help out mainly because I was driving
a Scout.

After that fiasco, I want the steering setup double-checked by somebody
who knows more than I do.  So getting the tow is not as bad it otherwise
would have been.  The mechanic needed to see it at some point anyway.
That was dangerous and I'm luck nobody got hurt.

Onto an ongoing problem with the truck.  It's a RHD, and has been
converted to power steering.  The PS pump bracket is a custom fabricated
piece, and the pump is an older Travell-all style pump (1972, iirc).
It's got a slow leak in it.  I've used regular PS fluid, regular with
stop-leak, and now synthetic with stop-leak.  It's still leaking.  Short
of pulling the pump and getting it regasketed, I can't imagine what else
I can do.  Since I use the truck for work, pulling the pump is kind of a
hardship.  It'll be a couple of days where I can't use the truck.
There's no boneyards around here that I know of with IH trucks.  (One
guy said he hasn't had any IHs since the early '80s)

Based on my limited information, is there any pump I could get that
would be a simple bolt-in swap for this one?  Or should I make
arrangements to be without a truck for a day or 2 while the pump is out?

Dave