Re: Spindle nut stuff/Ryans questions answered/ response to Joel B

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Fleck" <john@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 15:26
Subject: Spindle nut stuff/Ryans questions answered/ response to Joel B

> Ryan,
>
> Ding ding, oh oh can i answer...Pick me...pick me with hand raised<GRIN>
>
> The spindle nut socket is 2 and a 1/16th of an inch. I sell them for
$13.50
> I have the spindle  "doulble nut kit" nut sets for $20 a side. All new
nuts
> and washers, including the washer against the bearing back.
> I dont like the rounded style nut as you cant tighten it down easy and the
> set screws are a PITA. I feel better with the doulble nut style. Corse if
> ya have Lock-o-matic hubs then you are at its mercy.

But are the rounded style still availible and is the actual socket for it
availible?   I prefer the set screw style as I feel a lot better about the
prospect of it not backing off.  At the moment I have the set screw style on
the driver's side and the double nut style on the passenger side (nut inner,
round outer).  I can easily get the double nut style for the driver's side,
but I'd rather get the round outer with the set screws.   I do have one I
got off of a junkyard scout, but it'd been beat up a little and IIRC only
two of the set screws are there.  I need to remember to put that in the
appropriate area of the scout as it is still in the cup holder of the '70
c/10...

-Ryan