Re: Ryan's 4" lift

----- Original Message -----
From: "T.R.E. Jr." <T_R_E_Jr@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>
Cc: "IHC Digest" <IHC-Digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 22:29
Subject: Re: Ryan's 4" lift

Before the install, I was sitting on bumpstops up front and almost there in
the rear anyways, so it wasn't too much of an issue, I definately still have
4" of lift over that... but I don't know what I have over when it was new
from IH.

> <snip>
> > I always heard full hydraulic steering is illegal... but some people who
> > have hydraulic steering dissagreed....  you can also go to ram assist
> > steering, which has a hydraulic ram used in conjuction with a mechanical
> > linkage.
>
> ---Was just a thought. Might be one of those cases where it is only
illegal
> in certain states. Can't believe it would be unsafe it is used in some of
> the top competitors' monster trucks. I think I will Scout out a bus gear
box
> that fits the bill... or the frame.

Except the reason monster trucks have it is because that is pretty much the
*only* way they can effectively do it with something that tall etc.  And
they have components fail pretty regularly, now they custom make the
components because they broke the readily availible ones so often.

> ---Thank you,
> -T.R.E.Jr.
> -`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
> -`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
> -`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
> -`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)

Your signature always makes me want to say "you're welcome"  :-D

On that note, I've finally located an IH fridge... but it's in need of a
compressor or motor or something... and I don't have a current way to
transport it to GA so that's not an issue anyways...

-Ryan