Re: Ryan's 4" lift

Ryan,
      Drive one wheel (back, then front) up an embankment somewhere and
you'll see that the stock shackle will flip over center, try to return and
be locked up in one direction.  Sure, you might get lucky and never have it
happen.  I've fixed 5 torn mounts for club members on the trail now.  The
rear is especially prone to this, but it also contributes to the front
spring, rear mount pulling out of the frame.

Best of luck.

      Enjoy your lack of bumpsteer.  We others aren't so lucky.  'course, I
wheel at least once a month so, if you get your truck out pretty often, not
only will you want more lift, but you'll see more problems.  As an aside, I
hit the speed humps (more gradual height increase than speed bumps) at
about 15 mph, and the bumpsteer is very pronounced.  b-u-m-p-s-t-e-e-r
(geddit?  pronounced?  heh heh.)

Anyway, my truck lurches side to side, and there are several solutions on
the table, and when I see which works for more than one truck in a
financially prudent manner, I'll go with it.  I have yet to see Fleck with
a rig that he can drive on a regular basis, so I wanna see how his trail
rig does on the street and vice-versa.  I understand about the safety and
legal implications of all of these solutions, which is why I have not yet
done anything either unsafe, OR illegal.

JoelB