Re: Tire hole sealant/self sealing tire goo stuff question...

---A while back I was mentioning a gel that is pumped into the tire after
the tire is aired down. The tire is then aired to specified pressure and
driven at a speed of 40 mph for passenger vehicles and IIRC 50 mph or better
for large trucks, for a duration of at least 10 minutes. The gel was used at
the excavation company I worked for in Michigan and I do not know where to
get it. It is different than the slime* that is sold at parts stores. The
price alone can verify that.

---I know you know the pump that fits on a 5 gallon bucket of gear oil (?).
It releases about 3-5oz. from the bucket with each pump. I was told by the
head mechanic (after he told me to fill my tires), that 10 pumps in each
tire costs about $150.oo, then he asked me if I could guess how much it cost
to fill all the tires on the payloaders and rigs that hauled the lowboy
trailers. LOL, I almost felt guilty, but he said that if I worked there, I
was to have this gel in my tires, new tires or not.

---It only plugged a hole of 1/4" in diameter. I will try and make a phone
call and find out what company it was that made the gel we used.

---FWIW, someone also chimed in, in a reply, about a sand/powder that was
placed in the tires and balanced the tires as you drove. That product I
would be interested in hearing about again.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)