Ryan's 4" lift

Ryan,
      Are you running longer shackles?  With a 4" lift you SHOULD run
longer shackles so that you don't rip the spring mounts from the frame.
The is precisely why most of the rips that I've seen, have occurred.  The
spring tries to flatten and then the shackles can't take the extra length.
*rip*.
      If you have stock shackles, then bump steer usually  isn't an issue.
I have big shackles and big springs and thus the truck is about 6" lifted.
Thus -bumpsteer.  I remember you saying you didn't have a problem with it
before, but it seems to be the combination of springs AND shackles that
make it happen, if both are 4".  With one or the other of springs OR
shackles, bump steer is almost unnoticeable.  I know people with each of
these configurations, as I also know people with the 2.5" lift and stock
and lifted shackles, and they seem to have no problems with bump steer.

So my take is that if you have both: 4" longer shackles (2" lift) and 4"
springs, you get bump steer, plain and simple.  Almost any truck has it,
it's just a question of how noticeable it is.  Try letting go of the
steering wheel while traversing a speed bump.  Does the wheel move?  If
yes, then you have bump steer, whether you choose to admit it or not.  You
wouldn't let go of the wheel over the speed bump?  Why not?  If you don't
have bump steer, then it should go straight and true with no issue.

JoelB