Re: Jaff Bade and his joints

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim or Ginger Aos" <jaos@domain.elided>

<snip>
> I  also was, told that it was illegal.  I think that Greg H. said that it
> was not.  In any event even if it should break after a collision, more
> than
> one attorney could be HIGHLY interested!
> Cheers Jim A.

---"I bought it that way... never knew it was welded".

---I know one of the Aussies was saying that it was illegal to weld any of
the steering components out his way, but I think that is more or less
regional (pertaining to a certain state, city, township, etc.) just as much
as headers in Burbank Illinois are illegal unless you have a builder's
permit and the vehicle is on a trailer, but you can drive through most of
Illinois without a worry. Local ordinances, so to speak, can be a PITA.

---FWIW, misterfixit (Paul) on the binderbulletin is from Oz and he is
trying to find someone to weld his pitman arm. He found himself a
Landcruiser gear box to go on his `78 Traveler, just needs to create a link
between that and the Scout drag link. He is a truck driver, so it must not
be illegal out his way, or he wouldn't even consider it.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)