Re: Jaff Bade and his joints

I looked and measured again today, and I have 6" before anything will hit
anything between the pitman arm end and the springs.  Compression would
have to invert the smile of the spring before it would be a problem.  The
drop is the drop whether

Gray area...
>>I seem to remember hearing that any welding to a
>>steering component is illegal.

A little out of date, but....

If you bend a stock pitman arm, it'll lose radius.  That or you'll be
stretching the arm out.  I've heard the reason for the shorter radius on
the
dropped arms is also because a dropped arm same length will contact the
springs itself, especially under compression...

And for a later post...  I seem to remember hearing that any welding to a
steering component is illegal.  I think I may have happened upon that in
the
vehicle laws while doing a search on CDL rules and regulations (what was
cdl
required and what wasn't).

Anyways, I'm slowly trying to catch up... usual disclaimers apply, not
positive about any of this...

I'm going to have a picture to show you guys hopefully tomorrow...

-Ryan