Re: More about the dropped pitman arm controversy...

My Scout II Traveler has a four inch over Skyjacker with two inch over
shackles. I ran the dropped pitman arm for awhile but did not like the
slower steering do to shorter pitman arm. The problem with running the drop
pitman arm is in full droop or a full twist where the left front (driver)
spring becomes totally extended. When I measured it was close but I went
ahead and used the drop pitman arm and welded the Scout II pitman arm end to
it to achieve a stock length. Works great! Stock feel steering without the
bump steer. Went four wheeling after the Binder Bash with John Fleck aboard
and could not get it to hit the spring. I gained even more clearance after
making a pretzel out of my draglink and replacing it with a heavy duty Back
Country Binders draglink (there are big advantages to off roading with a
vendor who has a truck full of goodies up at the parking lot)
Stock drag links grease fitting comes straight out and the heavy duty
version from John comes out the side.
http://www.justinternationals.org/Eagle-Mark.htm
Hope that helps!

Mark Young
Fuel Injected Webmaster JustInternationals.org
Scout On, may all your leaks and rust disappear!