Re: More about the dropped pitman arm controversy...

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, joel brodsky wrote:

> So, with the shackles and the springs, I have about 8"
> before the pitman arm would hit the springs, thus I
> can go 4" without impinging a thing.  So, please
> clarify for me, if I'm missing the issue?

My springs are fairly happy with stock front shackles..

But.. riddle me this, Joel.

Did you lower your bump stops?

How well will you be able to steer when your axle has compressed to the
bump stop, with your as-long-as-stock-but-lower pitman arm?

It's not JUST static ride height to be concerned with, Engineer Brodsky..
:D