Re: Towing etc.

On Monday, June 30, 2003, at 01:03  PM, Joel M Brodsky wrote:

So, anybody on here use
Airbags?  I was thinking about the equalizer bars, etc.  Now, what
about
Airbags too?  To level out the rear of the tow vehicle
In my opinion, you wont need the air bags or any other suspension
support for the Tall if you get, and properly use, an equalizer hitch.
You were talking to Ryan about feel or fell as you wrote it, and in
regard to tongue weight, I use feel as my guide. I go for enough tongue
weight so that my torsion bars on the equalizer hitch can bring the
tongue back up to level with a reasonable amount of leverage applied to
torquing the bars.

As you may remember, after having arrived at how many links it took to
bring things to level, I use my tongue jack to do most of the work on
attaching the bars. I jack the tongue up to level or above, attach my
chains with the suitable number of chain links, and then let the jack
down. Lot easier for me than heaving up on the pry bar.

John Hofstetter