RE: New Arrival!

At 10:55 PM -0700 6/26/03, Mac @ TRIAD wrote:
jeez, Joel, whatever happened to thinning the fleet?  <grin>  you're gaining
faster than you can get rid of them!  which *I* think is cool.  +)
Yeah, well, I don't think this one'll be around long, but I couldn't pass it up. I was having post-partum depression at selling my '67 travelette, which was my first running IH.
This one was owned by a correctional facility for 36 years, bought by the grandson of one of the fellas who worked there when it was bought new. It wasn't a good fit for him, he didn't have the patience or ability to get parts, repair, etc. Though I showed him the pics of it cleaned up and I think he's a bit sorry he didn't do the same.
Anyway, the truck was named when he bought it, as it reads across the wind-deflector. Gertrude. Can't go changing that!

1966.  that'd be an A.  i can't open a web browser right now, so i can't
look.  is that a 1200A that you found?  i had a 1966 1500A once.  mine was
way ugly and beat nearly to death in the body, though.
I'll shoot you the file off list. Except for the square headlights, it's a looker. Actually nicer body than the one I just sold.

glad to see you're still adding to the fleet.  +)
Yeah, well, gotta fill the driveway at the new house somehow!

--Mac
(P.S. you're gonna "donate" (at a reasonable price, i mean) one of those big
B trucks to my cause, right?  hehehe)
Yep.  Just act fast!
Best,
Joel