Re: ON-Demand supercharges

Now, Ryan, I didn't say that the Vortec motors had blowers.  Nor did I say
anything about Vortec Motors.
what I said is:

I believe it is Vortec that has a clutch operated supercharger available
for Chev's.

which I hope means:
I believe Vortec makes a supercharger that has a clutch that can go on a
Chevy, since I *thought* it was a Vortec unit, that I saw in that Chevy
pickup.
So:  this is the story.  I saw a truck.  It had a blower.  It was a red
chevy truck with a blower.  The blower was clutch operated, when he dropped
the pedal down (or twisted the linkage, while under the hood), the vacuum
operated clutch engaged the blower and you could hear it spin up and the
motor took off.  I *think* he said is was made by Vortec, but it could be
Whipple, Paxton, or anyone else...

Now for some websites...

http://www.da-motorsport.com/teknik/makale2/makale2_en.htm   (clutch)
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0107scc_garage/
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~ovlov/technical/blower.htm

I can't yet find the unit that looks like what I saw, but I'll keep
looking.

JoelB

Wait, the vortec motors have a supercharger?  I never had any idea that the
'burb my mom used to have could have had one.  She has a tahoe now which
has
the 327 vortec II... I'll be examining that a little closer now when I stop
by  to say hi the 1st-6th.

So I should be able to find something in the belt system which isn't the
smog pump and has a clutch like the A/C?

-Ryan