Re: ON-Demand supercharges

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel M Brodsky" <jmbrodsky@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 16:56
Subject: ON-Demand supercharges

> Mark,
>       I believe it is Vortec that has a clutch operated supercharger
> available for Chev's. I was catching up with some friends in the dunes two
> years ago, and one guy had a brand new Chevy pickup with the Escalade
Dash,
> and a clutch operated supercharger that kicked in when the vacuum started
> to drop (IE, pedal to the floor).  It was really neat to watch, and it
> kicked in pretty quick.

Wait, the vortec motors have a supercharger?  I never had any idea that the
'burb my mom used to have could have had one.  She has a tahoe now which has
the 327 vortec II... I'll be examining that a little closer now when I stop
by  to say hi the 1st-6th.

>       They are out there, and you never hear them until they drop the
> pedal.
>
> JoelB

So I should be able to find something in the belt system which isn't the
smog pump and has a clutch like the A/C?

-Ryan