Re: bellhousings

Greg,
      Okay, then if I compare the questionable bellhousing to the one in my
Scout now, and they are pretty close, then they are both the 'deep' ones
for v8s?
If I pick up a Dana 18, how do I get a bull gear for a v8 T19W, are there
easily deciphered numbers?  Currently I have all the necessary bull gears
for every other trans combo, except the Manual to Dana 18, and Automatic to
Dana 18.
I suppose it's not worth putting the Dana 18 behind a 727, because there
was no bull gear for it?

JoelB

At 4:00 PM 6/23/03, Joel M Brodsky wrote:
>Binders,
>      I have a bellhousing, clutch, and throwout set from a Trans that I
>never saw.  So, my questions are these:
>Does the V8 bellhousing differ from the 4cyl, by the 4  transmission bolts
>being offset by about 20 degrees?

If you are talking about a bell from a 152/196 Scout 80/800, a, b--not only
are the bolts offset by 15 0, but THESE  4 cyl bells are ALSO about 4
inches shallower from engine to tranny face than the typical V-8 part is.

>Can a bellhousing from a T18 go onto a T19, and vice versa?

YES.

>Are the Dana 18 and Dana 20 Bull gears the same?

NO !!!!!!

>What is the low ratio for a Dana 18 Transfer case?

Varies. 2.42 is one ratio.

Greg