Re: Dana 18 VS. Dana 20.

At 3:16 PM -0600 6/18/03, tsm1@domain.elided wrote:
Of course, the fact that the rear output is offset could be an issue (or
an advantage), too.
They're also supposed to be noisier, since you're ALWAYS running through
the gears.
Tom,
Do tell. What would be an advantage? I've long considered a D18 eventually to allow for an overdrive, but have had way too much to do first. Now that I'll be commuting 30 miles each way daily, I'm looking at either getting a commuter vehicle or helping my 800B with the rpm's a bit. I still have to decide if it's "right" to put 15k a year on this, or whether I should just pick up a Police Interceptor at auction and drive _that_ into the ground at 24mpg.
Best to all,
Joel

--
Joel Furtek
Assistant Coach, Virginia Women's Rowing