Re: Mac's Starter

On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 08:57  PM, Allan Ericson wrote:

That factory heat shield is a
good idea. They put it there for a reason.
A few years back, Steve S. messed around with heat shields, but I dont
remember what he came up with. As I was telling Pete a couple of days
ago, I welded washers on my earless heat shield and put it back on.
Personally, I KNOW it is very important to the life of the
not-too-durable Delco solenoid and starter.

At the time Steve was looking, I saw a heat jacket of sorts on a Delco
starter lying on a counter in a parts house. Parts guy told me it was
going in a racer. Might look in Summit racing.

The heat is not supposed to bother my Mean Green starter, but I still
want that heat shield in place. No, I dont recommend Mac buy a Mean
Green, at least not until his ship comes in. It must be getting close
to port by now, Mac.

John Hofstetter