Engine questions

Hello, all.

I have two questions, if I may, about my 258-powered (with IHC-stock 1
barrel carb, rebuilt in the last few months) RHD Postal Scout.

The engine is dieseling.  A former mechanic at work told me that's what
it was, and how to remedy it.  I didn't get a chance to write it down so
I figured I'd check with you guys before doing anything.  As I recall,
he said to get some choke cleaner and spray it on the choke.  But he may
have mentioned something else that I forgot as we got sidetracked by
other things, then I had to go make a high-pressure, time critical, but
ultimately pointless 20 mile trip to the next town.  But I digress.
What do I need to do to fix the dieseling problem?

Thanks,

Dave