RE: Mac's Starter

## >> Mac, they are nothing fancy, just a piece of sheet
## >> metal. You should be able to fab one up pretty quick.
## >> If you don't have any sheet metal, try cutting up &
## >> flattening a coffee can. Just take the label off so it
## >> has no chance to burn.

you gonna show me how it's supposed to be mounted on there, so i don't screw
it up?  a coffee can i can acquire...  but determining the right way to
mount such a thing around my starter is outside my experience.  what do i
do?  if possible, i hope it's something that doesn't require power tools or
anything that resembles more than basic maintenance.  i've already been
yelled at three times for doing the bearings and brakes in my own driveway,
now i've taken the starter out, i'm waiting for the MPs to show up again and
tell me i can't work on my starters in the driveway too.

## >> Probably cermaic coated. Very good, but it's not
## >> cheap.

you're right, those headers weren't cheap.  but hey, when your dad is paying
(and it's his truck, *HE* wants 'em), you don't complain, right?  this very
truck is why i consistently refer to my buddy as a "pinhead"...  somehow he
got the notion to swap the 3/4-ton front and rear suspension including
big-pattern 14-bolt rear axle for the 12-bolt and 1/2-ton suspension from
*MY* C/10 (they share the same wheelbase etc), which trade i am not
objecting to in the least.  he plans to chop, drop, and channel that big
ugly Suburban, and mount 20" wheels with super-low-profile tires.  dumbest
thing i ever heard.  <sigh>

he keeps threatening to do the same thing to my B122, now that i'm no longer
there to protect it from him.  he also wants to drop a modern big-block 498
in it, shorten the rear axle, tub the bed, put on big drag slicks, replace
the big heavy leaf springs with soft coils...  am i the only one horrified
by this thought?

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde