Re[2]: The Solution & Another Exhausting Problem: (Was: Re: When It Rains, It's Dead!)

Hi John,

Possibly this is some type of foam I have not tried.  The 2 types of
foam I am specifically speaking of are the "Great Stuff" soft and hard
formulations.  I have used both and while they would do fine
supporting the bottom of a shower stall as far as weight due to the
large surface area, they are far from water resistant when the shiny
outside skin is breached.  And they both get relatively soft when
worked down with sandpaper.

Laters, Colin.

JH> Colin,

JH> I dont doubt what you say, but arent the negative characteristics
JH> that you describe the characteristic of only the foam that stays soft
JH> and semi-mushy?  When shower refinishers work on a fiberglass shower
JH> they drill about 4 holes in the bottom of the shower and fill the
JH> underside of the stall with foam that becomes very hard. It supports
JH> the bottom of the shower, stopping any flexing and can be worked down
JH> with tools so that the finish covers it up to the extent that the
JH> filled holes are identical to the rest of the shower bottom.

JH> It seems to me as if this kind of foam would be ideal for Petes empty
JH> space. No, Im not talking about between your ears, Pete. <g>

JH> John Hofstetter

Later,
Colin
mailto:colin@domain.elided
Colin says...

Use a wickedly good email client  |  http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html
For those of strong constitution  |  http://www.debian.org/

Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. -Mark Twain