Re: Ryan's lights

Ryan,
      The pins can be soldered to the board.  Carefully clean and scrape
the enamel coating off the board around the pin, and scrape the bottom of
the pin, so that you see bare copper on both parts.  Then, carefully flux
and solder the pin to the trace.  Originally these were just swaged to the
board, and they often fail due to flexure and fatigue.  If you can do this
to every pin on all your instruments, it will increase their reliability.
Just make sure not to solder two pins together or bridge the traces.

      The bulb socket just clips into the housing.  You have to pull and
carefully tilt the bulb holder and it should unclip from the housing.
After you have the bulb holder out and the bulb still in it, push and
unscrew (1/4 turn) the bulb and it should withdraw.

      You've probably done this before, and it sounds like you're reluctant
to 'break' something.  Relax, if it breaks, it needed fixing anyway.

Let us know,

JoelB

I have every other one but that one working.  I traced it down to a lose
pin
where the connector goes, you say if I put some solder there I should be
able to get it to connect again?  No cracks that I'm aware of...

Yeah, I saw that there is only one bulb there for all of those indicators,
but I can't figure out how to get that bulb out.  I didn't try too much
because I don't want to break something doing it the wrong way.  How
exactly
do you take the bulb out of the clip?

-Ryan