Re: Ryan's lights

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel M Brodsky" <jmbrodsky@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 16:43
Subject: Ryan's lights

> Ryan,
>       The circuit board is perfectly repairable in almost any state.
> (yeah, the 50, but I mean good/bad/ugly).
> Anyway, make sure you solder the pins to the board, where the connector
> goes, often they fail at this junction because they were poorly (weakly)
> swaged 30 years ago.  Following that, repair any cracks in the board with
> JB weld, then make sure to jump the cracks in the copper by soldering a
> piece of paperclip over the crack (solder alone works, but is not
> structural).  New bulb sockets and it should work fine.  Keep in mind that
> in order for solder to adhere/bond to the copper, you must first clean off
> the light coating of enamel that coats it.

I have every other one but that one working.  I traced it down to a lose pin
where the connector goes, you say if I put some solder there I should be
able to get it to connect again?  No cracks that I'm aware of...

>       From my recollection (All of my Scouts have been working well for
> years -knock on skull) so this is from memory, but I believe there is a
> bulb that is clipped into the back of the dash panel that lights those
> indicators for throttle, lighter, 4 wheel (if you had the 2speed pull
> knob), etc.  If you're only speaking of the FRT AXLE ENGAGED light, in the
> spedo, then it's simply a bulb and possibly a socket, then you're on your
> way!
>
> Good luck,
>
> JoelB

Yeah, I saw that there is only one bulb there for all of those indicators,
but I can't figure out how to get that bulb out.  I didn't try too much
because I don't want to break something doing it the wrong way.  How exactly
do you take the bulb out of the clip?

-Ryan