Howdy again.

Hello all,
I'm sure the net has been burning up with everyone wondering where I've been. You've all carried on quite well with just one Joel, even when he was in Japan! ;-)
Anyway, I have emerged from our spring rowing season and am finally getting to spend some time with the IHoP fleet. Yesterday I mounted a small pair of KLH 'weatherproof' speakers in the scout 800B. I put one behind the speaker grill in the dash, and one in the passenger footwell. Both are completely out of view. I then mounted a small Blaupunkt amp (only 20W) in the glovebox area, and ran a long RCA-to-mini cable out and behind the dash, which I plug into my iPod. So I'm rolling with tunes again, loud enough to be heard over the glasspack out back (I have _got_ to get that thing changed out, but it can be fun, too!). When I leave the scout, no trace. My fab skills are pretty poor, but I'm pleased with how it all came out.
I sold my 1967 travelette 1200B to a fellow in New York who's flying down on Sunday to take it home. That was the first IH I ever started up and drove, and I will hate to see it go. But that $ turns into: The new home for Joel's IHoP, a turn-of-the-century (c.1900) quarry house about 25 miles from town. For those of you who like old houses, there're almost a hundred pics at <http://homepage.mac.com/heelsroll>. I've already started looking for an IH refrigerator for it.
I close on the house July 2, after which the house will demand much more attention than the IHs, so I'm going to try to get quite a bit done in the next three weeks, along with packing, of course. I hope to see some/many of you in Carlisle, or maybe at Red Power. I haven't decided. But I'll be bringing one of the big B's up there to show and sell, in either case, so if you haven't seen a B140 4x4 or a B184 in person, here's your chance! [Anybody need a roommate to split costs!?]
Finally, if any of you remember The Waltons, my new house is in the author, Earl Hamner's hometown, so feel free to drop by and do a whole lot of nothing in the foothills of the Blue Ridge.
My best,
Joel

--
Joel Furtek
Assistant Coach, Virginia Women's Rowing