Re: Dash Restoration questions

On Sunday, June 8, 2003, at 11:21  AM, Allan W. wrote:

Another source might be Eastwood Automotive.
http://www.eastwoodcompany.com/
They have some dash repair kits and many colors of vinyl paint to
match your exisitng interior.  They show using the Urethane foam
in a can to fill the big cracks up, then using some vinyl patch and
texture paper to match the existing texture.  Their kit has a modified
soldering iron to cure it.  This like might work, not sure:
I like that idea. I used Urethane foam to repair my cracked console top, and it worked well. It would have worked even better if I had used the foam that dries more solidly. I didn't know there were at least two kinds until a shower refinisher was using it to make sure the the bottom of our shower didn't move around.

The stuff I used was what you fill cracks with to help insulate buildings and such. Sets up with a lot of air pockets in it and is kind of spongy.

Good point that Allan makes about what the resin might do the existing foam.

John Hofstetter