Dash Restoration questions

Dave,
  The Brownells Acraglass might work well, but try a small amount first.  If
it is fiberglass based, some foams are dissolved by the solvents present
in fiberglass resins.  Try a small spot to determine if is going to eat the
existing foam in the dash pad.  I found out the hard way on a different
fiberglass project.  What a mess that was.

Since the RHD dashpad is different, I can certainly understand how finding
one in decent shape would be next to impossible.

Another source might be Eastwood Automotive.
http://www.eastwoodcompany.com/
They have some dash repair kits and many colors of vinyl paint to
match your exisitng interior.  They show using the Urethane foam
in a can to fill the big cracks up, then using some vinyl patch and
texture paper to match the existing texture.  Their kit has a modified
soldering iron to cure it.  This like might work, not sure:
http://www.eastwoodcompany.com/aspfiles/itemdy00.asp?UID=2003060814025863&T1=
40014Z&Dep_Key1=
You would probably want to follow that with a coat of vinyl paint on the
whole unit.  I've never mixed those vinyl patch colors to match the
original.  Easier to just paint the whole pad a uniform color afterward
than try to make them match.

I think there are sources in Hemmings Motor News that will really
restore the pad to like new condition, but these are going to be
expensive.

Allan W.