rear driveshaft snapped.

Well A Friend and customer stoped by the shop today to see if I had an
extra rear driveshaft to sell as he snapped his. I said why dont ya drive
home in front wheel drive after he already removed the shaft. He said it
wont go. The front shaft turns and so does the stub shafts. I said is it
locked in 4x4. He said yea. Well I told him he busted his hubs too. He got
a bummed out look on his face. I said lets go have a look. I got there and
told him to start her up. As he did I looked down i saw his problem and
whent ahead and locked his hubs for him. I told him to put it in drive and
I would see if the stubs moved. He did and WOW it moves., " What did you
do"  he asked. I said I fixed it. He said how, I smiled and said I locked
the hubs in 4x4. He was relieved as well as felt pretty stupid. Now he has
the chance to put a rear cv in and a beffy tube less prone to twisting.
I told him " No Charge" and laughed outloud. I said to mount that
driveshaft on a piece of Oak wood as the dipshit award. Then he could give
it out to the next person who does something stupid and breaks something.

Lesson and moral...always check the easy stuff first.

Fleckster
(tired after helping him get up and running again...not)
                        John L Fleck
                     1225 N.E. McGee Way
                     Pullman, Wa. 99163
        Phone#  509 332-7565
        E-MAIL  jlfleck@domain.elided
        ICQ #   8536313                 GOD bless you
        Personal Web Site: http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck

               Washington State University Alumni