warn hub munching

I have not seen the warn kit in person and do not know exactly how its
spindle attaches to the backing plate flange <yoke> but I wonder if the
backing plate flange on the end of the axle tube could be some how
supported from inside the flange and axle tube? Maybe a sleeve that could
be driven inside the axle tube some distance TBD then welded at the outside
end to the flange? I am aware the tube ID is smaller than the area where
the wheel bearing presses and this will need more than one piece of
material to be machined. If you look at the dana 60 full float spindles
they are pressed into the tube then welded on the outside so the backing
plate flange takes no load, just the spindle to tube through the press fit
and weld. Just a thought. Man you guys who dropped the big bucks for this
kit must be pretty bummed if this is a common problem. Can you use a drive
flange instead of a locking hub as a short term solution?
later
Tony (trying to ditch work to work on scout today!)