Re: Shock

> From: Culley <dryberry@domain.elided>
> Subject: shock
>
> I just found out today that the GRD-233 engine in my almost restored
> 1946 K-1 pickup has a flat crank on #6 throw.  Ouch.  Therefore I am in
> search of a crankshaft for same.  This engine was found in 1941 to 1946
> K-5 trucks.  Also, 1947-1949 KB-5 trucks.  If anyone knows of one,
> please e-mail me @ dryberry@domain.elided   Thanks for listening.  I
> am sick.  Oh well, Earl Culley

Earl:
  Depending how bad it is, you might also have the option of pulling the
crank
and having it built up by welding, then reground to match the rest.  I only
suggest
this because of the potential difficulty of find such a crank.  I do know of
some
larger KBs in a wrecking yard, though they might have crushed them by now.
How would I tell a GRD-233 from any other IHC 6?  Of course, they'd want
to sell the whole engine, and they are in WA, and you're in ID...

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup