Re: Neutral Safety Switch

The neutral safety switch is the only item on the tranny that wires would go
to.  When I replaced mine I loosened the exhaust pie at the manifold removed
the doughnut(you better have a new one handy to put in), loosened the motor
mounts, put a jack under the transfercase, removed the rear tranny
crossbrace,  unscrewed the speedometer cable, removed the shift cable where
it secures to the tranny, and lowered the tranny down till I could see what
I was doing and put the new switch in. NAPA # NS 6581.

WARNING Tranny fluid flows out when the switch is removed

Rik