Re: ihc-digest V6 #916

In a message dated 6/21/99 5:58:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
 Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 11:34:50 +0000
 From: David Nuenke <dnuenke@domain.elided>
 Subject: RE: IH Downfall Book

 I too have read the book. I first tried to buy it at Amazon.com, but had
 no luck, so I tried the local libarary. It was right there on the shelf,
 free for the borrowing.  It was truely an interesting book to read with
 lots of good information and history about the company. Reading the
 book, you see so many ways that the company could have survived more or
 less intact. Then again I also have the inside perspective from my Dad
 who went though the hard times in the early 80's. I was too little then
 to understand how scarry it was, but now I know that he was deffinitly
 one of the lucky ones. Another note on my Dad, he is up at a dealer
 meeting at Thousand Islands New York, and who did he meet but Tom Glancy
 (John's Brother), he owns Center City International. My dad seems to
 enjoy telling the company people that I just bought a Scout, and he
 finds more people every day (company people that is) who still have
 Scouts or have some parts laying around. I hope he cultivates a good
 friendship with Tom over the next few days...

 David Nuenke
 76 Scout II
 Spirit Edition
 Adopted 76 Traveler Project

Hello, My brothers name is Bob Glancy & he is the parts Manger at CCI (would
be nice to own CCI I'm sure)
Thanks for mentioning us though!!

Sincerely,
John Glancy