800 Rear crossmember/body mount

Hi all,
  My rear bumper has seemed loose since I got the truck, so I thought
I'd replace the bolts holding it all together.  The twobumper
mounting brackets are bolted to the rear crossmember, the body tub is
also mounted to this crossmember.  There is a bed support that runs
the width of the back end above the crossmember.  This support is
bolted to the cross member at the main frame rails on each side.  The
problem is that the body tub mounting bolts also go through this
support to hold the body down, allowing the bed's sheetmetal to
effectively hide the nut for the bolt that holds the rear cross
member to the main frame rails.  There, that's about as clear as mud,
right? :)  Of course, this crossmember-to-framerail bolt is loose on
each side.  My dilemma is that I either have to drill a small access
hole in the bed's sheetmetal, or loosen the body mounts back there
and hope I can lift the tub enough to get to the nuts.  Is it okay to
just loosen the rear bed bushing mounts, lift the tub up somehow to
access the nut, then put it back together?  It seems like the mody
might get tweaked a bit by doing this.  I'd prefer not to do any
sheetmetal damage, but I don't have the means to lift the tub as a
unit and go about replacing all the body bushings at this time (which
would be my preferred course of action).  Please cc: to me directly,
as I've got a trip planned this weekend.
Thanks,
Myron
C. Myron Ware  Senior Prog/An, CNE/CNA |  NASA Langley Research Center
Email c.m.ware@domain.elided           |  Hampton, Va   23681
http://cnb-www.larc.nasa.gov/~ware/cmw-home.html  (work) or
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/1370  (non-work)

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
  --  Henny Youngman