RE: IH Downfall Book

I too have read the book. I first tried to buy it at Amazon.com, but had
no luck, so I tried the local libarary. It was right there on the shelf,
free for the borrowing.  It was truely an interesting book to read with
lots of good information and history about the company. Reading the
book, you see so many ways that the company could have survived more or
less intact. Then again I also have the inside perspective from my Dad
who went though the hard times in the early 80's. I was too little then
to understand how scarry it was, but now I know that he was deffinitly
one of the lucky ones. Another note on my Dad, he is up at a dealer
meeting at Thousand Islands New York, and who did he meet but Tom Glancy
(John's Brother), he owns Center City International. My dad seems to
enjoy telling the company people that I just bought a Scout, and he
finds more people every day (company people that is) who still have
Scouts or have some parts laying around. I hope he cultivates a good
friendship with Tom over the next few days...

David Nuenke
76 Scout II
Spirit Edition
Adopted 76 Traveler Project