Now for the brake booster problem

Now that the Scout runs again I can ask about the
brakes....
  My brake booster has gone bad. I ordered a booster
(comes with the m/c) from AutoZone for a '73 Scout
(which mine is). But....
  The current booster is much thicker and smaller in
diameter than the one that was ordered. So, here's the
question:
          Eventually I will be swaping the front D-30
over to a D-44 with discs. To do this I will have to
swap the m/c to a disc type unit right?
 So, should I order a booster & m/c for a post '75
Scout to prevent having to buy another m/c later? In
other words, can I use the disc type booster/master
cylinder combo now with drums in the front?
 Ths core charge on the unit is only $25, so if they
won't return the core charge because I'm returning a
different type unit, it's not a big deal.
 Looking in the manual I see that some of the boosters
are called 'single diaphragm' and the one on the truck
currently is a 'double diaphragm'. I am assuming there
is an advantage to the double?
Thoughts and advice appreciated,

===
Russ D.