SOS has been recalled

Well Dan you are now on my Christmas card list!!
 When I left work yesterday I pulled both female
connectors from the resistor on the firewall and did a
makeshift job of connecting them together.
 Got inside and she fired right up!!!! Nary a single
problem on the way home or back to work this morning.
I am going to make some creative connector work
tonight to make switching back to points, in an
emergency, a 'plug-in' affair.
Thanks to everyone who helped,
Russ