Toms Wires

Tom,

I have found after experemention with some different wires that the MSD
universal wires come in 8 and 8.5 mm for $40-$50 and you cut them to fit.
The end you cut is the distributer end so its not at risk of pull off. The
nice thing is the other end is triple clamped and has a 5 year warrentee
against pulloff. After three years I pulled one off, and called MSD. Bingo
another one custom made to my length got sent in the mail asap as a
replacment. What wonderfull support from MSD (or Autotronics). Then get
this a while later another did it too (i supect the headers heat up more,
and for reference these are 8mm 50 ohm per foot ones) so I called again AND
They sent me another $40 some dollar set FREE. Cant ask for better service
than that. The spiral core in them sure seems to stop RF noise too. I would
vote for them, however the jacobs arn't bad either and come in 10mm. Jacobs
maked Mopar performance's wires for them.

I also like the champion truck wires with the ceramic ends idea but dont
know about there durability and ohms. In Jegs/Summit they had a set of
lifetime ones with ceramic ends and heat shielding on them. They were like
$120 but that may be overkill even for the heat Scouts put out.

WARNING" Stay away from Accel wire. John Ekelmann installed a set and just
for kicks we tested them on our buddied Dads $5000 Snap-on engine analizer
and they had worse performance than the 7mm umpteen year old wires that
were on there and they were brand new. The suck. And you can print that.

Fleckster
                        John L Fleck
                     1225 N.E. McGee Way
                     Pullman, Wa. 99163
        Phone#  509 332-7565
        E-MAIL  jlfleck@domain.elided
        ICQ #   8536313                 GOD bless you
        Personal Web Site: http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck

               Washington State University Alumni